Monday 29 October 2007

A Different Morning

It's a beautiful morning - this morning. Bright, autumnal, sharp but not too cold. At the cemetery, the light was pure, ethereal. Artists' light: like St. Ives sometimes is and, perhaps, as Los Angeles once was, before the smog.

Cooking for one (when that one is oneself) is hard. There's no love in it. I've taken to cooking for the dogs. Nothing spicy, of course. Hudson has an English palate. Last night, for instance, they had meatballs. I may have overdone the garlic. Oh well, the flat-leaf parsley will have compensated.

5 comments:

Nonnie said...

I've just popped over from Tracy's blog. She sends a hug. I hope that you are finding this process of writing your blog helpful or comforting in some way.

Anonymous said...

I've found your blog via Tracy's ...she sends another hug. The blogging community is hugely supportive and your love story is so moving. What a beautiful tribute to Ann.

Anonymous said...

I, too, found you from Tracy's blog. A hug comes from me as well.

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss - I can't even begin to imagine what you are feeling. I'm profoundly amazed and awed that you would share this intimate journey through grief with us, your readers. I'm eager to read more of your story, your thoughts, your heart. May blessings find their way to you today.

Patti said...

I found you through Tracy too.

I don't really know what I can say.

Hugs to you and I hope the blog helps in some small way.

Tracy x said...

those dogs are very lucky ..... talulla and bean are packing as i type
they should be with you by the end of the week!
give those beasts a huge hug from all of us here in Scotland x
i took the girls to the beach today - the waves were amazing - i thought of Hudson instantly x
t x