Saturday 27 October 2007


Odd thing, I nearly forgot to visit Ann's grave today. It was a terrible shock, realising the time. What does that mean?

I usually visit early every morning. I cycle down. I talk to her.

Whenever I used to leave for work, I would call up to our bedroom window: "Lots of love, darling. Ciao." It was a ritual, a superstition, always observed. Without overt agreement, we never used the word 'goodbye' to one another.

Now, when I leave her graveside, I call back to her: "Lots of love, darling. Ciao."

5 comments:

Tracy x said...

it means good things x
t x

Katie twinkles said...

I think so too. In any case you have honoured her wonderfully with all the work you've put in your blog today and I'm guessing that you having this outlet would please her.

take care

Anonymous said...

You sound like such a good, lovely man.

Vintage to Victorian said...

I've come from Tracy's blog, with a hug from her. I'll call again to see how you're faring ... one day at a time.

Tracy x said...

liz
he is a good, lovely man - take it from me x
t x